When to use:
- Schedule a zoom meeting easily in Outlook
- Send invites to others in exchange
Create a Zoom Meeting from within Outlook:
- If you don’t already have the zoom plugin, you can get it from the Outlook store
- In Outlook, click the “Store” or “Get Add-ins” button at the top
- Search for “Zoom”, click on the “Zoom for Outlook” add-in, then add it by clicking “Add”
- Next, in your Outlook Calendar, click on “New Meeting” to create a meeting, as per usual. Make sure to set the date and time first.
- Along the top, now there should be a Zoom button that you can press.
- Once you press “Add a zoom meeting”, if this is the first time using it, you will be prompted to log in. Make sure to click the “Sign in with SSO” button:
- Type in “umass-amherst” in the box (don’t forget the dash):
- Then sign in with your NetID and password (you should only have to do the login process the first time)
- Zoom will automatically create a meeting ID for you and put the link and other info in the meeting invite message.
- To use it subsequently, all you have to do is create a new meeting in Outlook, set the date and time, then click the Add Zoom Meeting button to automatically create and append the Zoom info.