Skip to main content
My Remote Desktop Connection is Disconnecting Often
If you are experiencing consistent disconnection issue while using remote desktop connection, please try each of these methods:
- Restart both local and remote machine (Here's the guide on restarting remote machine: https://helpdesk.uww.umass.edu/hc/en-us/articles/360049292391).
- Lower the quality of your remote desktop connection by lowering the color depth.
- If you're on WIFI, it could be an unstable connection between your laptop and router. Try sitting closer for better connection.
- Alternatively, you can try restarting your router and see if that helps as well.
- If your router has multiple bands, switch to the 5ghz band if you have that set up.
- If you're on ethernet, check if the cable has any damage or kinks. Fix anything that looks unusual.
If you have tried all of these and you still encounter disconnection issues, please contact UWW Tech Support for further assistance.