- Open your OneDrive folder and locate the files you want to share
- Right-click and select "Share"
- You should change the link sharing setting from "Anyone with the link can edit" to either "Specific people" or "People with existing access" to better control who has access.
- Specific People: allow specific users to access those files. The recipient will be notified they've been granted access to those files in their emails. Adds appropriate sharing permissions.
- People with existing access: sends a link to users who already have access. This is good for sending others a link of a previously shared file and folder, without adjusting permissions again.
- Uncheck Allow Editing if you intend for it to be Read Only
- Enter a name if necessary
- Click on "Send" and that's it!
If you like to view or manage your sharing settings, you can click on the 3 dots on the top-right and select "Manage access." Here you can see who you're sharing with and remove them if necessary.